Gender and Racial Justice Fellowship
Standing in Our Power (SiOP), a project of Spirit in Action, is pleased to announce our cal for a 2015 Gender and Racial Justice Fellowship. This is a great leadership development opportunity for the right person interested in pursuing a career in the social justice non-profit field. Not only will you gain leadership skills, you will also be supported through intentional mentoring and coaching by the SiOP Director. There are also opportunities to take part in SiOP programming if there is interest and the right fit.
Position Title: Gender and Racial Justice Fellow
Location: Remotely working with our Bronx, New York office.
Hours: Flexible schedule, up to 20 hours per week.
- Participate in program development and administration. Provide key support for planning the SiOP local and national gatherings and the Transformational Leadership Institute.
- Research on topics related to women of color leadership and leadership development
- Coordinate SiOP Network meetings/trainings –in person, phone and web-based meetings/trainings.
- Develop Blog and other written material on women of color leadership and leadership development.
- If the applicant has the necessary skills providing facilitation for meetings.
- Work in close partnership with the SiOP Network Weaver and Leadership Core to ensure the success and sustainability of the network.
- Communicate on a regular basis with SiOP network participants, facilitators/coaches and leadership members.
- Support with outreach, fundraising and communications.
Applicants will have an interest in:
- Gender, Racial and Social Justice
- Leadership Development
- Interest in Movement Building and Transformative Change (linking personal and social change)
- Facilitation styles and methodology
- Developing their leadership skills through receiving mentoring and support of SiOP Director and core leaders
Applicant will have the below skills:
- Detail Oriented
- Analytical Thinking
- Research Skills
- Highly developed communication skillsThe ability to communicate clearly through phone and email to a variety of audiences
- The ability to write clear and concise announcements, blog postings, and other written material to a variety of audiences
- Fast learner
Additional skills sought but not required:
- Analysis of gender and racial justice issues
- An understanding of facilitation styles and methodology – for the right candidate we may be willing to provide development and mentoring in this area
How to Apply: Submit resume, cover letter describing interest in the position and how this position fits into your life goals, two writing samples – you may provide links to on-line writing samples, and three references to email@example.com.
Application Deadline: ASAP. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis
For More Information Contact: Taij Kumarie Moteelall at siop(at)spiritinaction(dot)net
Women of Color and LGBTQ individuals are encouraged to apply.